Friday, March 17, 2006

3/17/06, Pastor G.Price's Renewed Pastoral Plea to List

From: Greg Price
To: List
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2006 2:03 PM
Subject: A Renewed Pastoral Plea
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
By way of clarification:
1. I did not intend to cut off all opportunity for further public discussion indefinitely. I qualified my plea to US all:
"There will be a time to address all concerns in a way that will promote our reformation. But for the present...."
2. My "plea" was just that, a plea, (not a requirement) based upon my own personal observation that this forum seemed to me to only be increasingmore strife and division (each of you will have to judge whether you have found it profitable or not). Although a matter made public MAY BE discussed and debated publicly, it is not always in the best interests of wisdom and charity to do so. In my judgment, it would have been far more profitable to discuss such issues after the Session submitted their report and provided constructive guidelines for a profitable discussion.

3. I do not deny the right to discuss a matter made public in a public forum. At the same time, I reserve the right to any who find the present debate and discussion to be unprofitable to remove themselves from the list until they deem it profitable to return to the list.
4. I judge the motives of no one nor minimize the concerns of no one. I have been willing to discuss these issues with any of you who have written to me privately (and have done so with a number of you), and I will continue to do so AS TIME PERMITS.
5. However, I do not personally judge the present public discussion to be profitable. Therefore, I respectfully request that my name, Pastor Greg L. Price, be removed from the list until I indicate otherwise.
6. I renew my plea to us all to discontinue (at the present time) this ongoing discussion and debate.
With brotherly affection for you all,
Greg L. Price